Friday, August 20, 2010

Guess That Character Blogfest - The Big Reveal

Thanks to everyone who guessed what Keenan looks like yesterday (if you missed that post, you can read it here.) Here's my vision of Keenan:




This is Keenan's description taken from the book, In the Seventeenth Year:

Keenan ran a rough hand through his untidy hair and looked at the men with intense green eyes. The sun had bleached flaxen streaks into Keenan’s golden hair and baked his skin to a deep bronze. Years of working the farm single-handedly had given him heavily muscled arms and a broad chest that made him appear older than his seventeen years.

As far as his personality, he's definitely got anger issues. He's had a hard life with his abusive adoptive father, and he blames his mother and, by extension, the rest of the people accompanying him on his journey. He gradually befriends Brady, the other character in this scene, and eventually even falls for a certain young, beautiful, and dangerous elf (also mentioned in this snippet.)

Wow, you guys! Many of your answers were right on target. It was really hard to decide, but I'd have to give first place to Lenny, who said:
The first thing I saw in my head was a guy dressed like in the days of Robin Hood. I think he's kind of scruffy cause of fighting. He's got scruffy whiskers cause of not being where he could shave. He's got long blond hair that's messy and hazel color eyes. He's maybe 18 or in his 20s and a sorta rebel.

Excellent description, Lenny! And thanks so much to everyone for playing and to Jen for hosting! Have a great weekend, everyone!

40 comments:

Unknown said...

Lenny is such a sweetheart and always gives very detailed descriptions! I'm glad to see that he got one of the best answers!!!

Excellent choice for your character Susan! Very good looking, I knew he was when I read that piece of writing!!!

Thanks for joining in on the blog fest, I appreciate your entry! I can't believe the awesome turn out! It's been one wild ride!

Old Kitty said...

Brilliant!!!!! He's adorable - goodness me!! I got the young part right! LOL!!

Fabulous face for a great character!! yay!!

Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good job, Lenny!

Talli Roland said...

He's a cutie! Well done to Lenny for guessing!

Meredith said...

Aw, he's cute! I loved reading your snippet :)

Unknown said...

What a hottie!!! Best of luck with the project :D

Candyland said...

Yay Lenny!!!

DL Hammons said...

He looks a little like Orlando Bloom! :)

Great pick!!

vic caswell said...

is that eragon???
lenny did great!!
and i was wrong... again...

Jackee said...

Great description, Lenny! And you too, Susan!

Thanks for sharing and sorry I didn't get here fast enought to guess myself.

Summer Ross said...

Great choice! A rebel...that's perfect.

Bossy Betty said...

Love your description of this character! Intriguing!

Lola Sharp said...

CUTE!!!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Handsome young fellow, your Keenan!
As for Lenny - he's got a knack for this! He pegged my character, while completely stumping me with his own!

Creepy Query Girl said...

hottie alert:) Great character! Good job Lenny!

Hanna C. Howard said...

WAY cute. Great choice! I love the sound of your story. :)

Brenda Drake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda Drake said...

Wow, I was almost there. Your character is soooooo cute. :D

(had to delete my prior comment since my freshly done nails hit enter instead of shift--LOL)

Christina Lee said...

Keenan is a looker ;--)

Carolyn V. said...

Aw man! I missed your description yesterday, but wow, he is a cutie! =)

Terry Stonecrop said...

Hot guy! Great job Lenny:)

He looks the part all right. I think I actually came somewhat close on this one. Well done!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I have to agree with Old Kitty--he's is quite the cutie!!! :)

Unknown said...

Very nice! He's definitely along the same lines as what I was picturing in my head. Awesome job.

Stephanie said...

Close to what I was thinking!!

Clara said...

Hubba Hubba! It was close to what I had imagined, yaaay!

Jai Joshi said...

Now that guy is what I call a character! Nice.

Jai

Roland D. Yeomans said...

He has more sensitive eyes than I imagined. Way to go, Lenny. This was truly fun for everyone, wasn't it?

Jemi Fraser said...

I wasn't too close on this one, but I really like your choice! :)

Nicole Murray said...

So perfect a choice and so cute *cradle rob*. I can see a smirk on those lips so easy. He looks familiar?

Anonymous said...

Well, I was halfway there I think. :]

Super nice picture!

Lindsay said...

Great job. I was way off but it was still fun :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Now that I see a pic of him (and read the description) it so fits! Nice one :)

Talei said...

He's definitely the perfect Keenan! Lovely ;))

Renae said...

Oh, he is just adorable! What a great entry!

Julie Musil said...

I just want to stare at this guy a little longer! Yikes!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

He looks better on film than he did in my mind...nice.

Don't you just love Lenny!

Myrna Foster said...

The physical description sounds like one of my nephews. Actually, the picture looks a lot like him too. :o)

Kimberly Franklin said...

Okay, so I just commented on someone else's blog about how I liked their character's name. And not I'm going to do it again. I really like the name Keenan. Very cute. So is the pic. Have a great weekend!

Margo Berendsen said...

Okay, so he's not quite James Dean, but ohh la la. I LIKE that picture.

Jillian said...

OMG the guess my character blogfest was sooo much fun! I want to do it again anda gain and again haha