Wow - I'm blown away by all the blog love I've been getting lately! First off, Medeia Sharif gave me the Citrusy Blogger award. Thanks, Medeia!
I'd like to pass this award to:
Kristal at it's KRISTAL kLEEr
Dawn at Plotting and Scheming
Regina at Unsettled
Amanda Valdez-Milner at Amanda's Twisted Truths
Brian at Brian's Home
Hema at Wading Through Words
Devin at Devin's Musings
Kristal at it's KRISTAL kLEEr, Dawn at Plotting and Scheming, Alison at Left-Brained by Day; Write Brained - All the Time, Regina at Unsettled, and Devin at Devin's Musings have bestowed the Stylish Blogger Award upon me - thanks guys!
I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself, so here goes:
1. I attended Michigan State University. Any other Spartans out there? *waves*
2. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, but I'm not telling you what year. :)
3. My last summer before graduating college, I did a summer internship at McDonnell Douglas Co. (now Boeing) in St. Louis.
4. That's where I met my husband. We were assigned to apartments with two other roommates. One of my roommates, Lorette, was friends with one of his roommates, Joe. Joe later married my third roommate, Lisa.
5. Other than those couple of months during our summer internships, my husband and I had a long distance relationship until we got married sixteen months later.
6. I first met my husband at a pool. Considering my skin is so fair I'm almost blinding in a swimsuit, that's about the last place I would have expected to meet my future husband. We stayed in the pool so long I got a bad sunburn, but it was worth it. :)
7. After getting my electrical engineering degree, I worked one year as an electrical engineer in Chicago and five years as a computer programmer before staying home to raise kids. That was fourteen years ago, and I've never looked back.
I'm supposed to pick fifteen people to pass this award to, but I wanted to give it to you all, so I decided I will! If you're reading this post, you are a treasured bloggy friend, and I'd like you to take this award as my way of thanking you for reading my blog, supporting me, and sharing this journey with me.
You guys are the best!
How about you? Where did you meet your significant other? Do you work in the same field you studied in school?