Friday, February 11, 2011

As the Blogosphere Turns

On my rounds of blog reading over the past couple of days, I learned something: there's some exciting stuff going on out there! So I thought I'd gather together some of the events that really caught my eye and share them with you. Here goes:

The lovely ladies over at BooKrushed invite you to join their 2011 Reading Challenge. Read 11 books published in 2011 and help support other authors! They were even so kind as to give us their picks, which is a huge help to someone like me who doesn't keep up on the latest and greatest nearly as well as I should. Not only that, but they're running giveaways as well - don't miss out!


Rachel Harrie invites you to join her Second Writers' Platform-Building Crusade. Sign up at Rachel's blog and she'll add you to her list of crusaders. Then follow the other crusaders and visit the blogs of those in your group as much as you can between February 1 and April 30, and they'll do the same for you. What an awesome way to make new blogging friends!

Don't miss Lolapalooza! Lola Sharp invites you to pay it forward by showing your support and gratitude for other bloggers. She offers a fabulous selection of ways to earn points by supporting others, including joining Rachel Harrie's Second Writers' Platform-Building Crusade (see above)! I'm planning a post to let you all know about another blogger who has helped me along my path, just one of Lola's suggestions. And she offers fabulous prizes besides! Head on over.

There's lots more going on, but I'll try to keep this short and wrap it up. These are just three examples of what an amazing, supportive blogging community we have here. You guys are awesome!

Next week, I'll return to my Tuesday, Thursday schedule. I got thrown off this week because I finished Killing Kessler Wednesday morning and I couldn't wait to jump back into blogging. Next week I'll restrain myself and wait until Tuesday. :)

Happy Friday and have a great weekend, everyone!

41 comments:

Margo Benson said...

Greetings fellow crusader! Looking forward to getting to know you on the crusade.

Al said...

Thanks for the links.
It's always great when someone else does all the hard work :-)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm a crusader!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Blog-land is great!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Bookrushed is so cool, and I'm already a Crusader! Enjoy your weekend.

Joanne said...

Thanks for the fun links, Happy Friday to you :)

Kelly Polark said...

Great links and I love the title of this post!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Lots going on fur sure, but that is what makes the blogosphere fun!

J.L. Campbell said...

I'm here from the Crusaders blog and from your post, there are other blogs I need to visit. Nice to 'meet' you.

Old Kitty said...

Have a great weekend too lovely Susan Fields!!! Yay that you're back in blogworld!! Yay for these fab links too, thank you! take care
x

Lola Sharp said...

Awww, what a wonderful, supportive Friday post! Thank you.

Thank you for being you and spreading your sunshine. It's so nice to have you back. I missed you. *hugs*

Have a delightful weekend, Susan.
Love,
Lola

Kristal Lee said...

Fellow crusader dropping by to say "hey!".

Bossy Betty said...

Thanks for the Blogosphere 411!

Unknown said...

Great links. Enjoy your weekend, Susan :)

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Thanks for the links. And even more thanks for praising my book on my blog and Talli's. It meant a lot to me. Have a great weekend, Roland

Jemi Fraser said...

These are 3 great events - so many great bloggie folks! :)

Zev said...

I always think it's difficult to find good new books, before they've developed a following. But I guess if you're reading the brand-new ones, you could be one of those who helps create the following.

http://swordsintoplows.blogspot.com

Stina said...

Thanks for the reminder about Bookrushed. The form wasn't working when I first checked it out. I'm off to fill it out. :D

Lydia Kang said...

Great links, crusader! Thanks and have a great weekend!

Robyn Campbell said...

I'z a Crusader, Susan. Meet you along the trail. K?? (((hugs))) Wonderful links. Happy weekend.

Myrna Foster said...

Congrats on finishing your draft, Susan, and thanks for the links!

Deborah Walker said...

Hello crusader. I think i'm going to like it here.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'm taking the Bookrushed Challenge! I read 2 so far. LOL

Vicki Rocho said...

I've been falling down on my blog surfing lately...I hadn't seen any of these. Thanks for the update!

Jeanette Levellie said...

It's wonderful to have so much support at our writing ministries. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links. Bloggers are awesome people.

Have a great weekend.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Susan,

I've been following you for a while and I am a fellow Crusader ...

Dropping by to say hello and wish you a great weekend...

Thanks for all the news.

Michael

Carol Riggs said...

Yay for the Crusade--will be fun. :)

Denise Covey said...

This crusade will be awesome. Congrats on finishing Killing Kessler. Enjoy the revisions.

Denise:)

Susan R. Mills said...

Yes, lots of stuff going on! Thanks for the links.

Regina said...

These are some great links. Thanks for the post.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Yep, there are lots of wonderful things going on in the blogsphere. Yay for the crusade.

Tracy said...

Susan,
Thank you for keeping us abreast with all that is going on.
I love your little heart accent; very cute!
Happy Valentine's Day my friend!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

The picture of your mug with the smiley face on it reminds me of something Anita Blake Vampire Hunter would have. If I remember correctly, she had a mug once that said "Piss me off and face the consequences."

Happy Valentines fellow crusader!

Rachael Harrie said...

Hey Susan, am so glad I've found my way to your blog. Welcome on board the Crusade, can't wait to get to know you :)

Hugs,

Rach

Jai Joshi said...

Thanks for the info, Susan. My access to the internet has been sporadic over the past couple of weeks so I have no idea what's been going on.

Jai

Jackee said...

Great links! Thanks for sharing.

Len Lambert said...

Hi Susan! A fellow crusader here :) I'm already a follower :) Thanks for dropping by my blog. Came by to say hello, too. I'll go and visit Jackee's site, too. I'm also now following your blog on Facebook and hoping you could add me up as well :)

Anonymous said...

Hi fellow crusader, and group buddy! Nice to meet you; I look forward to following your journey!

Claire G said...

Hey Susan! I'm a fellow Crusader, following you back from All the World's Our Page :) Looking forward to getting to know you.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the crusade!