Saturday, April 24, 2010

And the Winners are...




Finally it's time to announce my contest winners! Being a writer, I'd love to draw out the suspense, but I'm also a softie, so I'm just going to get right to it.

The $30 Barnes & Noble gift card goes to Crystal Cook at write because you must. Crystal's favorite literary character is Jace from the Mortal Instruments. She says: "he's just so angsty and tortured and tough, but really sweet and kind too." Sounds like my kind of guy!

The $20 Barnes & Noble gift card goes to Velva at Tomatoes on the Vine. Velva posts all sorts of delicious recipes on her food blog. I hope you'll go check it out, and make sure you have your grocery list handy because you're going to want to try some of those recipes! Here's what Velva had to say about her favorite literary character: "My favorite book is the Color of Water by James McBride. A black man's tribute to his white mother Ruth McBride. She is the daughter of an orthodox Jewish father and she falls in love with a black man in the early 40's. It is a riveting story. It will make you laugh and cry. It's soulful and really reflects the human spirit. Her son the author does an absolutely amazing job telling his mother's story." Thanks for the awesome review, Velva!

The $10 Borders gift card goes to Theresa Milstein at Substitute Teacher's Saga. Theresa's favorite character is Harry Potter "because I have seven books to enjoy him, he's brave, and willing to sacrifice himself for others and the magic is pretty cool." I agree, Theresa - there's a lot to love about Harry. Theresa's second choice, Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird, is another personal favorite of mine.

The $10 bonus Borders gift card goes to KarenG at Coming Down the Mountain. Karen's favorite character is Huck Finn "because he's written so real we all think he is." Hmm...makes me think I should go back and reread some Mark Twain!

Whew - that was fun! Winners, please verify that I've got your favorite book store correct and email me your addresses at susanfieldswriter(at)gmail(dot)com so I can get those gift cards in the mail.

Thanks for participating everyone!

32 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...

I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one also.

Susan Fields said...

Stan - I already did! I enjoyed your blog as well, and I'm looking forward to reading even more. :)

Bish Denham said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Talli Roland said...

Congrats to the winners! Great contest, Susan

Kelly@ JustWrite said...

Yay for the lucky winners!! Those are some of my favorite bloggers! :)

Aubrie said...

Congrats to the winners and especially Theresa because she's my blogger friend :)

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

What an interesting blog you have. I enjoyed reading your posts. God bless, Lloyd

Theresa Milstein said...

Yay to me and the other winners. I'm in good company! Thanks, Susan.

Crystal Cook said...

WOO HOOOOO!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Thank you SO much Susan!! :):):)

That is just the awesomest news to my whole week!!!!

Congrats to all the winners!!

Thanks again Susan :) :)You rock!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

congrats to the winners! And thanks Susan, for a great contest.

Jemi Fraser said...

Wow! congrats to all the winners! :) Great contest!

Velva said...

I won? really? I am so excited (big smile). Thank you!!! This is such a great gift. Thanks again.

I will email you my home address.

Old Kitty said...

Congratulations to all who won!!

And thank you Susan for a fab fab contest!

You have a gorgeous pink blog and I love it!

take care
x

Joanne said...

It's interesting to read the varied character choices, congrats to all the winners!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Thank you Susan!! I'll email you my address. Congratulations to all the winners. What a fun contest. I like the twist you put on it!

Unknown said...

Congrats winners!!

Bossy Betty said...

Congratulations to the winners! What great prizes too!

Kelly Polark said...

Congrats to the winners! What a generous contest, Susan!

Hema Penmetsa said...

Congratulations to all the winners! And thanks, Susan, for thinking to include the reviews of their favorite books/characters. I have read some of them myself, but will definitely check out the rest soon!

Unknown said...

Congrats winners!! And Susan, your blog is awesome. Keep up the great work :))

Tess said...

congrats to all - and thanks for hosting the fun, Susan!

Jai Joshi said...

Congratulations to the winners! And congratulations to you, Susan, on doing so well with your blog following. It's excellent!

Jai

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners :o)))

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations to all of the winners! Great contest Susan... :)

T.J. Carson said...

Hey congrats winners!!!!!!! Really cool contest, I wish I entered now! haha.

Christine Danek said...

Congrats to the winners!!!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You're a gracious blog hostess, Susan. Sounded like an intriguing contest. I refrain from contests usually because I want my other friends to win rather than me. I have what I need : friends, Gyspy, my cat, and my dream of becoming published.

Have a great week, Susan, your cyber friend, Roland

About Me said...

Congrats to the winners! Great contest.

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winners!!!!

Plain Jane said...

Food blog? I will have to run right over! I am supposed to go grocery shopping this morning but that will have to wait until I see her recipies.

T.J. Carson said...

Famous Friday WINNER!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Don't forget Lilah's LAST LINES BLOGFEST, Susan. I look forward to reading yours. I had to post early due to work. Roland