Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tagged!

Medeia and Trisha tagged me. Here are my answers:
Do you think you're hot?
Nope, mostly I just feel old.


Upload a picture or wallpaper you are using at the moment.

This is a picture from our October 2010 family trip to Florida.



When was the last time you ate chicken meat?
Last Thursday I had homemade cashew chicken.


The song(s) you listened to most recently?
Teenage Dream by Katy Perry - not by choice, but because I was riding in the car with my teenaged daughter.


What were you thinking as you were doing this?
My spring allergies have officially kicked in for this year (as I sneeze yet again!)


Do you have nicknames?
My husband calls me Suzy. My mother and some of my aunts used to call me Sue Ellen. When I was a kid, my siblings and I had matching nicknames - Mary was Mud, Carrie was Cud, Judy was Jud, I was Sud, and Ed was Ud. We still use those sometimes.


Tag 8 blogger friends (you are it!)
1. Kelly Polark
8. Hema


Who's listed as number 1?
Kelly Polark. Kelly's Dear Diary posts, real entries from her childhood diary, are among my all-time favorite blog posts.

Say something about number 5.
Old Kitty's comments on my blog ALWAYS make me smile. :)

How did you get to know number 3?
Jackee was my first follower that I didn't know before I began my blog. A few months later, when I wanted to link my blog to my Facebook page, I emailed Jackee and she explained it to me. We've since become crit partners and great friends!


How about number 4?
I met Brian through Sharon (#2) She said she knew a cat with his own blog. I had to check that out, and now I love my visits to Brian's blog!

Leave a message for number 6.
Congratulations again on finding your agent - yay!


Leave a lovey dovey message for number 2.
Sharon, you're one of the nicest people I've ever met - thanks for being such an amazing friend!


Do number 7 and number 8 have any similarities?
I met both Dawn and Hema when we participated in a Skype seminar with agent Mark McVeigh.

This was fun! How about you? Do you have any nicknames?


Have a great week, everyone!

39 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Hah...I like this tag. Very different. :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

cute questions! I loved your family nicknames, too funny. lol.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I enjoyed your answers! Thanks for tagging me...I think! I need to find my thinking cap!!!

Old Kitty said...

Yay for being tagged!!!

Awww hello Sud!!! LOL!!! My nickname from my bad older siblings was "ogre"! Only because I didn't know what it meant except that it sounded so ugly so my siblings would tease me with it relentlessly! But not to worry, these days I get my revenge by reminding them of how much younger I am compared to them..! LOL!!!

Awww thank you for mentioning me too and for your kind words, btw!! Aww shucks, I blush!!!
:-)
Take care
x

Velva said...

Very cute questions! Cute responses too.

Velva

Unknown said...

I love your sibling nicknames!

Anonymous said...

Now we know you a little better, Sud. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a great week!

Talli Roland said...

Old! As if!

Which reminds me, I still need to do this tag!

Carolyn V said...

Aw! That is so cool. It's fun to get to know you better. Loved the picture and the family nicknames. =)

Deniz Bevan said...

Cud! That's funny :-) I just get called D a lot. Mmm, love that beach photo...

Laurel Garver said...

I love your family's rhyming nicknames--so cute!

I'm not sure if you saw that I answered your "ask-the-editor" question on my blog last week. The post is here: http://laurelgarver.blogspot.com/2011/05/capitalization-conundrum.html

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You don't lool old!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

LOOK old. Crap, I can't type today...

Southpaw said...

Love your wallpaper.

Dawn Simon said...

Ooh, fun! Thanks for tagging me. I like your family nicknames, and I feel like going to that beach RIGHT NOW! :)

Carol Riggs said...

Thanks for the tag, Susan! I've seen these tags flurrying around, and now it's my turn. Guess I know what I'm posting next Wednesday. LOL

Your beach looks lovely!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You have a lot of nicknames. And some days, I feel old, too.

MTeacress said...

Those are the best sibling nick names I've ever heard - especially Ud.

I won't tell you what my nick name was. Please forgive me. It's better that way. :)

Tracy said...

Hah, what a fun post that was...yeah, my initials from my maiden name were TC so my friend's dad called me Top Cat...
that was great!

Golden Eagle said...

Beautiful wallpaper!

This tag has been traveling lately; I love reading everyone's answers!

Anonymous said...

haha Sud! Great post. I loved your answers. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I tagged you. This was fun to read. And you're not old. :)

Kelly Polark said...

Fun post, Susan! Thanks for the tag;I'll do mine next week!
And I had chicken enchiladas tonight! :)

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

I love reading these tag posts. And that Florida photo is gorgeous!!!

Hema Penmetsa said...

I like these tag games, especially when it's not me who's being tagged. Thanks for tagging me, Susan.... I think. Oh, why not? I'll play! :)

Stephanie said...

LOL! Great questions and answers!!

Katie Dodge said...

Fun post! :D
katieonfiction.blogspot.com

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

hehe fun tag. Love the wallpaper.

Julie Musil said...

I love your answers! Funny the music we listen to when our kids are with us, huh?

Theresa Milstein said...

You feel old, but you look wonderful in the most recent pictures I've seen.

Love your relaxing wallpaper.

Jo Schaffer said...

Fun facts of you!
I was tagged too! Gotta do this. (=

Margo Berendsen said...

I love those nicknames! Sud, Cud, Ud - oh my! And I'll take Teenage Dream anyday over Perry's other song, Extraterrestrial. Whew, the lyrics on that one! (i have a teenager daughter too). Going to have to check out that Dear Diary blogger, what a fun idea!

Beth said...

I love your photo from Florida! Looking forward to checking out some of those other blogs.

Cindy said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know I left you an award over at my blog. I don't think you have it yet.

Regina said...

These type of tags are a fun way to get to know others. So much fun!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Thanks for the tag, Susan! I'll do mine next week sometime. My wallpaper looks a lot like my wallpaper. :-)

Jackee said...

LOL! GREAT answers! And thanks for sharing the tag with me. Will have to actually do this one. :o)

I've always wanted to call you Sue or Suz--now I'll just have to go right to Sud. lol!

Have a great weekend! xo

Michelle Merrill said...

That was fun to read. I'm glad they tagged you!

Shawn said...

Stopping by from Brian's. Hope you have a great week.