Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don't Miss...

Don't miss all the contests going on out there in the blogosphere right now!

Nisa at Wordplay, Swordplay is celebrating 200 followers. She's giving away a color Nook, Christine Fonseca's Emotional Intensity complete with book swag, and a subscription to Danyelle Leafty's serial novel, The Fairy Godmother Dilemma. Hurry over to Nisa's blog and enter before the 15th!

Theresa Milstein at Theresa's Tales of Teaching Tribulations and Typing Teen Texts (formerly known as Substitute Teacher's Saga) is celebrating her blogiversary and her new job, among other things. She's giving away 4 books. Enter Theresa's contest before September 27!

Also, Talli Roland is celebrating her upcoming release, Watching Willow Watts, with an online "If I could be anyone, I'd be..." party. You can join in the fun by signing up on Talli's blog, then posting about the person you'd most like to be. But hurry, the party is tomorrow, September 14!

Whew, there's a lot going on. And now, just because my good buddy Lenny over at Lenny's World asked, I'll share a few more photos of our California trip. Thanks to everyone who visited and commented - we had such a fantastic time, and I'm so jealous of all the people who said they've lived in that area. Someday... (((deep sigh))).



The top photo is the view of San Francisco from the ferry to Alcatatraz, the second is Alcatatraz, the third is a photo of the sea lions at Pier 39 in San Francisco, and I think the fourth is just a view of the countryside on our drive from San Francisco to Napa.

So, in the spirit of Talli's Willow Watts party, I'll ask you this: If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

24 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Great pics and so many wonderful contests!! Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

Love the pics...looks like you had a great trip!

If I could live anywhere, it'd have to be Boston. I visited recently and fell in love! :P

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! Actually I'd like to live in an area like San Francisco where there is water and where the temperature is steady. Where I live now we have only a small river that breaks up the prairie and the temperature ranges from -30C to +30C! Ahh...but it is home.

Joanne said...

Now those sea lions have got the right idea, definitely in vacation frame of mind :) I'd love to live at the sea ...

Old Kitty said...

Bora Bora island!!

:-)

Take care
x

Kelly Polark said...

Look at all those sea lions!
Fun pics!!

Talli Roland said...

Yay! Thank you so much for the shout-out! :) And wonderful photos.

Tess said...

so glad you had fun in San Fran ... did I tell you we went there this summer as well? beautiful. cold, but beautiful.

and if I could live anywhere it would be in a gorgeous beach front house in San Diego.

hope you are well...

Tony Van Helsing said...

You are like a news reader for contests.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are great pictures! For the record, I'm right where I want to live!!!

Theresa Milstein said...

Thanks for the link love! I'm participating in the Willow Watts event too. I'll check out the other links.

Fabulous pictures. I really want to visit California.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Thanks for all the great contest info, Susan!! :-)

Laura S. said...

Wow, lots of contests going on! Thanks for the info. :)

If I could live anywhere, I'd probably choose a tropical beach like Hawaii! The Mediterranean coast is also very enticing. And whenever I see the Colorado or Montana valleys, mountains and lakes, I want to live there too! So probably a beach, but really I'm not picky. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Thanks for all the links. :)

If I could live anywhere in the world...(other than living next door to you) I'd like to live in Costa Rica. It was an amazing place to visit.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm set for Talli's launch party.
Look at all the sea lions!!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mountains. Surrounded by snow and with no place to go!
I have my post ready for Talli's fest tomorrow.

Golden Eagle said...

Thanks for the links! I'm getting ready for tomorrow's launch party; it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Is living in my own book an option?

Susan Gourley said...

I'm really ready to live someplace without winter. Thanks for the headsup for the contests.

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

I'd live back in my hometown of Hong Kong. I know I'd be crazy to attempt it with five kids, but it will always be home. I miss it.

Amy

Jemi Fraser said...

Those are awesome photos - so glad Lenny asked! :)

I'd love to visit lots of places, but to live anywhere else? Nope. I'd choose home.

Anonymous said...

I prefer Southern California or Manhattan. That's really about it. Well, okay Paris or certain areas of Italy. But that's a bit of a stretch at this point. Oh, Maui. Definitely Maui. Been there twice and could easily settle right in.

cleemckenzie said...

Right where I live! I've found my angle of repose. I travel a lot. I'm always eager to come home.

Beth said...

Thanks for all the contest information. Like a couple of the other commenters, I love to travel but I always love coming home again. And I'm happy living where I do, winter and all!

Anonymous said...

I'll check out the links.

The pics are gorgeous. I've actually considered living in California, so that's my pick.