Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Watching Willow Watts Web Splash

Today I'm participating in Talli Roland's "Watching Willow Watts" Web Splash. To help celebrate Talli's latest release, Watching Willow Watts, I'm posting about the person I'd most like to be. I've chosen Randy Grimm, the founder of Stray Rescue of St. Louis.


I have a huge heart for animals, which is why Randy Grimm is so important to me. He's dedicated his life to helping the stray animals in the St. Louis area. His shelter doesn't just accept the animals brought to their door - they go out into the city and bring these starving, injured, sick, forgotten animals in. They rehabilitate them - give them love and care and time - and then they find loving homes for them.
photo credit: Stray Rescue website, http://strayrescue.org/node/37

I've chosen Randy Grimm because he isn't someone who just talks about what he believes in, he lives it. He makes a difference in the world. He is the kind of person I want to be. Thank you for all you do, Randy!

Here's information on Watching Willow Watts:
For Willow Watts, life has settled into a predictably dull routine: days behind the counter at her father's antique shop and nights watching TV, as the pension-aged residents of Britain's Ugliest Village bed down for yet another early night. But everything changes when a YouTube video of Willow's epically embarrassing Marilyn Monroe impersonation gets millions of hits after a viewer spots Marilyn's ghostly image in a frame.
Instantly, Willow's town is overrun with fans flocking to see the 'new Marilyn'. Egged on by the villagers -- whose shops and businesses are cashing in -- Willow embraces her new identity, dying her hair platinum and ramming herself full of cakes to achieve Marilyn's legendary curves.
But when a former flame returns seeking the old Willow, Willow must decide: can she risk her stardom and her village's newfound fortune on love, or is being Marilyn her ticket to happiness?

Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/nIygHP

Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/riMpmH

And here is a link to the other participants:
http://talliroland.blogspot.com/p/watching-willow-watts-launch-sept-14.html

If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go hug my dog. :)

42 comments:

Bish Denham said...

Nice choice Susan. We need more people like Randy.

Old Kitty said...

Oh Susan - you star!!! I am full of admiration for these wonderful people who go the extra mile to rescue these poor animals - not just rescue but give them the stability to flourish!! Randy Grimm sounds like the most amazing guy to be so caring and so proactive in helping these strays and giving them a second chance. Yay for your choice - wonderful!! Take care
x

Laura S. said...

That's a wonderful thing he does! You chose a good person to admire.

Stina said...

Awesome choice, Susan! :D

DEZMOND said...

I've never heard of him before, but he seems like a very nice person!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a wonderful choice. And I love the book cover!

themirliton said...

Great multi-tasking post! Celebrating a new release AND promoting awareness for Homeless Pet Adoptions AND giving kudos to person who helps to make this world a better place for ALL of it's inhabitants. Our cat and dog are Rescue Pets and (like us humans who adopted them) have a few "issues", however Love has turned things around for them (and us!) One person such as Randy Grimm CAN make a difference, and the domino effect can be amazing.

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! That's such a great choice. Definitely have a lot of love for people who help animals like that.

Brian's Home Blog said...

How very wonderful! I wish there were lots more just like him!

Joanne said...

What a perfect choice, someone who is definitely living their passion ...

Velva said...

People like this warm my heart...Thanks for sharing Randy with us.

Velva

Theresa Milstein said...

Thanks for telling us about him. Sounds like a great guy!

I thought it was a much more whimsical challenge. Now I feel like I should've tried harder.

Amy Jarecki said...

Hi Susan - Thanks for following my blog! If I could be anyone, I think it would be a Chihuahua (does that count?). I would get to sleep with my Mom and be pampered all day, and remain a puppy forever!

Tony Van Helsing said...

He sounds like a person who has the wherewithal to follow his heart. It must be difficult but unltimately rewarding to do this kind of thing.

LR said...

Aw, that's nice. Poor little doggies.

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Oh, Susan, this is great! I share your love for animals and will never understand the cruelty that is imposed upon them. Hurray for Randy Grimm. I'm so glad you chose him for those of us who are not from your area and don't know about his great work.

Jo Schaffer said...

Cool choice. (= Animals are beautiful people.

RaShelle Workman said...

What a great choice. I have to hug my three dogs now, too.
Oh, and ps: #500. I feel so cool. LOL

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that's an excellent choice!

Talli Roland said...

What a fabulous person to choose, Susan. Truly a worthy individual!

Thank you so much for taking part, and for all your help and support! :)

TerryLynnJohnson said...

I love everything about this post.

The fact that you are highlighting the plight of DOGS and such a person that helps strays, and put up a link to their website.

Also how amazing you are to help promote authors. You rock.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love your choice. It was quite unexpected. :)

Golden Eagle said...

He sounds like an interesting person! Great choice. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Totally awesome choice!! Love it - best one I've seen today :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

OMGoodness he sounds awesome! What a great choice...and very you.

Congratulations to Talli and her new book. :D

Talei said...

Awesome choice! I love people with big hearts too! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely choice. I am fascinated by behavioural psychology too and enjoy Cesear Milan's approaches.

LindyLouMac said...

I am delighted you found me thanks to the WWW Websplash party as I am now looking forward to reading your blog posts on a regular basis.

Deniz Bevan said...

That's a wonderful choice! All those poor puppies...

Trisha said...

Randy Grimm sounds like just my kind of person! I love what he does for the poor abandoned pupsters. In the event that I ever become rich, I'll be putting money towards some kind of awesome animal shelter.

alexia said...

What a fabulous choice!! I am an animal lover as well. Someday I'd like to have an animal rescue center.

Anonymous said...

I love your choice. Yours is the most touching one I've read.

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Randy sounds like a great person to want to be like.

Luna said...

Very inspiring choice, Susan! Now I have to go hug my dog. :)

Empty Nest Insider said...

I agree that you've selected an excellent person to admire! I'm so glad to have met you through the book launch! Julie

J.L. Campbell said...

Randy Grimm sounds like he's doing an admirable job.

Donna Shields said...

I love your pick.

Connie Arnold said...

That's a great pick, Susan. I'd go hug my dog too if I had one to hug!

Nas said...

Lovely Choice, Susan! We need more people like Randy around!

Kelly Polark said...

That's awesome. My best friend is a HUGE animal rights advocate. She is finishing up a novel (memoir?) about a dog she rescued from a puppy mill.

Tara said...

That's a pretty great person to strive to be like. :-)

Can't wait to read Willow Watts!

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss susan! wow! that guy sounds just way cool. you know i love animals. i could like to be just like him too. for sure you did a real good choice.
...hugs from lenny